Iowa’s largest gathering of entrepreneurs, community builders and creatives.
We Create Here is proud to be part of EntreFEST.
Recap of initial thoughts and social reactions. Join the conversation >>
Another social recap from Silicon Prairie News.
Thursday: Street festival and Dream Big Grow Here pitch-off (Photos by Justin Wan/The Gazette)
Day one at EntreFEST By EntreFEST on Facebook >>
Coverage and reflections:
- Created in the Corridor: EntreFEST by Scott Sanborn/CBS2
- Templeton Rye founder talks price of success at EntreFEST on Des Moines Register
- A radical experiment: recap of Eric Engelmann’s management talk by Kiran Sood on We Create Here
- What is possible at the intersection of diversity and entrepreneurship? By Kiran Sood on We Create Here
- Diversity in entrepreneurship: we all have a voice by Sarah Binder on We Create Here
More about the keynote speakers:
Pig breeder Carl Blake’s mission to acquaint Iowa technologists, farmers on Silicon Prairie News
A conversation with Kim Reynolds, STEM supporter and EntreFest! emcee on We Create Here
Nate Kaeding: How athletes are becoming entrepreneurs on The Des Moines Register
Scott Bush: Pigs pork out on Templeton Rye Mash on The Des Moines Register
Recap a few of the sessions:
- Money, research, office space - Iowa is a great place to grow by Rob Williams
- Business Model Canvas by David Sturtz
- Don’t boost! Making the most out of social ads by Josh Krakauer
- Content marketing: The future of SEO and social media by Peter Awad and Jason Trout
- Inbox Zero by Josh McNary
Update: All the slides are now available online, here.
By the numbers:
- 500 Iowa Entrepreneurs
- 100 Speakers
- 70 Breakout Sessions
- 60 Conference Collaborators
- 45 Rooftop Seats to Watch Office Space
- 25 Free Experts
- $10,000 At Stake
- 7 Free Drink Tickets
- 6 Keynote Talks
- 5 Conference Tracks
- 4 Parties
- 1 Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Bar
More by Amanda Styron-West on the Welch Avenue Blog.
See also: Five things to know for EntreFEST via Silicon Prairie News.